The Royal Theatre of Copenhagen welcomes Elvis Costello
The Royal Theatre: 7 Hans Christian Andersen productions planned,
including a brand new opera composed by Elvis Costello to be played at the
new Copenhagen Opera House, (inauguration January 2005).
But they don't seem to know it yet:
The CIA Fact Book gives the territorial sea limit of the Faroe Islands as 3 nautical miles.
The correct value is 12 miles.
Convert characters to character entities
I have written a script to convert some (or all) characters in a string to character entities. There are many reasons to do that:
- The character is not representable in the encoding of the document
- The character is not to be parsed as markup, but would be, if it isn't escaped as an entity
- Documentation: If the character may not have a glyph in the font used by the UA, or if the user may not recognize that glyph, the character entity is a documentation of what character you are looking at. E.g. ᚱ is coded as the character entity ᚱ and the character name can be found at IBM.
- The string doesn't allow spaces, so they must be encoded as
- Two consecutive hyphens are not allowed in HTML comments; but legal if at least one of them is a character entity.
- "Encryption ultra lite"
Runic character names
My NATO-style spelling script has been expanded to display the names of Runic characters.
If you look at one Rune at a time, and don't need the name, then macchiato.com has a more elegant tool. Once you have found the hex code at macchiato.com, IBM can help you with the name. Not only for runes, but for all of public Unicode.